Position: Director of R&D
Work From Home - Remote / & on site to plant locations
$120K Base Salary and UP + (Plus Bonus)
- Depends on Experience
Full Benefits, Bonus, Healthcare, 401K & Vacation
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Our Client, a premier food product company is seeking an experienced Director of R&D. The right candidate will be responsible for managing a team of Food Scientists that with a focus on food products that will be sold directly to retailers & foodservice nationally.
The right candidate will be motivated and passionate about food in this newly created position. You will drive and complete the development process, be self-motivated, flexible and enjoy the challenges that will come along with this diverse position.
- Support the Operations, Sales, Customers and others for various project activities and manufacturing specifications.
- Manage new product development & process development from concept to release.
- Identify areas needing improvement through process optimization; formula costs reductions through operational improvements.
- Manage a staff and a portfolio of products ensuring the proper formulation and documentation is done to lead to the success of new product commercialization.
- Develop new formulations and applications.
- Oversee the economic feasibility and technical costs involved to be competitive.
- Convince the quality of completed products produced are meeting consumer preference.
- Deliver technical support to customers, direct reports and other departments as needed.
- Provide technical presentations to both internal & external customers.
- Perform research for quality improvements in new & existing products.
BS. Food Science, or related degree – a Masters or Ph.D. Food Science is preferred.
- 10 + years in R&D product development in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
- 5 + years in R&D Supervisory / Management of a team.
- Must have knowledge of USDA & FDA regulations and experience with meat products.
- Experience with Labeling and Nutritional Facts and products sold at retailers and private label.
- Must be creative and passionate about food with the ability to help market new products and identify new opportunities.
- Comfortable with speaking in public conferences / meetings and customer visits and ability to wear several different hats.
- Exposure working with consumer insight & sensory research teams.
- Pilot Plant & Plant Testing administration experience.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office Suite with strong interpersonal skills. SAP a plus.
- Must be open to possible relocation and be currently authorized to work in the USA without the need for a visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- 25% overnight travel required.
If you are interested or know of someone that would be a great match, please contact John Marino at John@SourceRecruitmentSolutions.com
Apply directly online here by clicking the "APPLY NOW"