Position: PLC Mechanical Technician
Location: Quincy, MA
This is a FULL-TIME permanent position.
Benefits: Full Benefits, Health & Vacation time and more!
Our client, a premier consumer manufacturing company, is seeking an experienced PLC Mechanical Technician. This position offers a flexible work schedule!
The right candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the upkeep of a well-run manufacturing production facility. This position will involve PLC programming, troubleshooting electronic and automated equipment and optimizing automation control systems and hardware and will have good working knowledge of PLC ladder logic.
Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical equipment and PLC’s. Must have strong electro-mechanical and building maintenance skills. Maintain production equipment in a manner that ensures employee safety and minimizes interruptions in the operation of the facility.
- Maintain and repair plant production equipment which includes machine controls.
- Oversee the repair and preventative maintenance of the manufacturing machines.
- Read & create logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming and commissioning.
- Program Automation Control Systems for the plant and building automation.
- Perform electrical trouble shooting for motor control, change out electronic components, read and troubleshoot electrical prints and ladder logic.
- Design and update electrical schematics for control system wiring and panel building systems.
- Monitor all material handling equipment maintenance activities; making sure all equipment is serviced as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical automation components of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic industrial equipment.
- Strong knowledge of PLC’s
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Make recommendations to senior management to improve the maintenance function.
If you are interested, please send a MS Word version of your resume to me or if know of someone that would be a great match, please have them contact John Marino at John@SourceRecruitmentSolutions.com
Or simply apply now on line by clicking the "APPLY NOW" link:
- 5 years + with similar experience in manufacturing environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of PLC Ladder Logic.
- Experience reading & modifying electrical control schematics.
- Previous work experience in an industrial maintenance department.
- Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Training, certification, or a degree in Electrical or related field preferred.
- Proficient with repair, maintenance, calibration and complete preventative maintenance on a variety of electrical, electronic, and automated equipment including machine controls.
- Experienced on various automation hardware manufacturers software and hardware such as Allen Bradley.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PLC Programming and troubleshooting.
- Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the USA without the need for a visa sponsorship now or in the future.